In an effort to continue the momentum generated at the Career Flexibility for Biomedical Faculty of Today and Tomorrow: A National Conference, participants joined learning networks focused on a variety of topics related to faculty career flexibility. In the coming year, these teams will work together and disseminate their findings.
Learning community networks will further explore and develop topic areas that emerged from the conference. These networks will provide mutual support, resources, and perspectives to help design, implement, and evaluate faculty flexibility initiatives. Six months following the conference, an email survey of all network members will be conducted to assess the learning networks’ status and outcomes of value.
The following learning networks were formed at the conference. Click the link below to learn more about the topic each network is focused:
- Career Customization
- Diversity and Flexibility
- Engaging the Healthcare system to support flexibility for clinicians
- Metrics to Assess Efficacy of Mentoring
- Mid-Career Faculty Revitalization
- Program Innovation and Creating a Mentoring Culture in Institutions
- Retirement Policies, Programs and Supports
- Transition/ succession planning for institutions